Wash or No Wash? Part 2


Last week I explained that, soon after I started my hair loss research, I came across the suggestion that going without shampoo for a long time can be healthy for your hair.

And that, after about six weeks, your body will restore a natural balance to the level of sebum produced by the sebaceous glands inside your hair follicles.

I also revealed that I tried this idea out on myself.

So, did it work?

No!

It didn't do a thing for me. In fact, it actually increased my rate of hair loss!

This exercise gave me six weeks of "bad hair days"!

Given that my own rate of hair loss was particularly severe, my DHT and sebum levels would have been very high indeed. So, perhaps in cases of rapid hair loss, down regulation might simply take longer to kick-in. Maybe if I had continued for several months, the rate of sebum and DHT production might have slowed down a bit.

However, I felt like all my hair would fall out if I continued. I also figured that this whole idea is a mistake for anyone suffering from androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern baldness) - if you go back maybe a thousand years, I'm pretty sure most of our ancestors didn't wash their hair very often, if at all.

But, they definitely did suffer androgenetic alopecia.

So, having experimented with this idea myself, I'm convinced that a high level of hygiene is a necessary component of good hair care. And I also believe that there's a good psychological effect to frequent hair washing - having clean skin and hair simply makes you feel good!

Whilst I've obviously made my decision, you might decide to give it a go. Everyone's different of course. So, what didn't work for me, might work for you. It may be worth trying. If it works, great. But you must also be prepared to suffer and not gain a thing from this experiment (apart from knowing that it simply does not work). So, if you try this idea, I wish you good luck!

I believe the most effective way to beat hair loss is to treat the underlying cause - skull expansion. I developed techniques to successfully stop my own hair loss and wrote an ebook so that others can do the same.